I Want to Volunteer
Welcome Prospective Volunteer!
The volunteer application is a combination of what the UCLA Medical Center, non-profits, schools, and youth organizations require of their volunteers. Every person interested in volunteering at the UCLA Stein Eye Institute will need to complete the application process prior to participating in one of our programs.
Please return all certificates and volunteer forms (download below) to egbert(at)jsei(dotted)ucla(dotted)edu or mail them to the following address:
Jules Stein Eye Institute
100 Stein Plaza, Rm 1-124
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Thereafter, we will connect you with the UCLA SEI Personnel Office. They will make arrangements for a background check, photo ID, and TB test if required.
Please complete the volunteer application online (Click Here). As a courtesy to the UCLA SEI, all volunteer applicants apply through the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA’s volunteer portal.
Online Volunteer Application For Non-Clinical/Research Volunteer:
- Pre-screening question regarding invitational letter (download) select the second option “I have an invitation letter from someone in School of Medicine working in an office, separate from laboratory and hospital.”
- Within the volunteer application itself under the “Faculty & Department Information” select from the drop down “Ophthalmology – JSEI.” For Principal Investigator Other: Type “JSEI Affiliates.”
Two Manndatory Online Training Requirements (Click Here) under the “Training” tab. (Print all online training “Certificate of Completion” and “Confidentiality Statement”)
Select “Compliance Training”
- HIPAA Privacy and Information Security Training for New Workforce Members
- CICARE Trainings – UCLA Health System’s world class practices. Volunteers are not employees, click on, “if you don’t have an employee ID and have not applied for a temporary ID please click here.”
- Month and Year of birth
- Classification: (Volunteer)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Click ADD DATA
- Click Please click here to confirm the data entered and jot down your temporary ID number
- Go back to the CICARE Annual On-line Training and enter in your temporary ID number in order to be directed to the presentation/slides
- It will take approximately 15 minutes to watch the presentation
We look forward to getting to know you in the coming months. As a JSEI Affiliates volunteer, we hope you will experience the special pleasure that comes from helping others.
Thank you for your interest!
The Volunteer Office Staff
The JSEI Affiliates appreciate those that give of their time and talents to its programs. In addition to our eternal thanks, we offer the following benefits to our volunteers:
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Events: The Affiliates organization recognizes its volunteers with an annual Holiday Luncheon in December, a Spring Recognition Event, and various small tokens throughout the year to say “thank you” to volunteers who give of their time.
- JSEI Affiliates Membership: Membership is given to anyone who donates 10 service hours per year.
- Bruin Photo ID Card: The “Go Bruin” ID card allows our volunteers to take advantage of the following UCLA Discounts:
- Discount Tickets to a variety of major attractions such as Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Universal Studios, among Volunteers are also eligible for discounts on movie tickets and campus event.
- Student pricing on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus. The BruinGO! Rate is valid for weekday trips.
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” — William Shakespeare
Volunteer Forms to Print: